I am a foodie. I love different flavors, so when my husband arrived to the United States, I was excited to share with him all the flavors of California. He didn't like my food at first. I tried recipe after recipe for him, and night after night the response was mediocre at best. I soon tired of cooking food that went to waste because he didn't like it. I stopped cooking and I love to cook. But cooking is no fun when there isn't any enjoyment when it is eaten. After about 3 years of marriage, he began to experiment with food. He started trying different items and became willing to eat things he had never eaten. AND, he started to like food. Yay- and with that, I started to cook again. Now, he always asks me, "When did you learn to cook?" As if this is a new thing for me. My answer- "It isn't when did I learn to cook, it is when did you learn to eat?" This blog is a collection of recipes that I have created. I make new things all the time, but I don't write anything down and then I either forget that I made it, or I forget how to make it. I don't know if anyone is out there that will read this- but if you do, I hope you enjoy trying my recipes. Buen Provecho!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mushroom Chicken and Lemon Rice

4 servings=191 calories per serving

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 cups raw spinach
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
garlic powder
onion powder
poultry seasoning
2 tablespoons fresh thyme
salt and pepper
lime juice
cooking spray
season chicken breasts with garlic powder, onion powder, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spray pan with cooking spray. brown chicken. add white wine and let reduce. add fresh thyme leaves. add chicken broth and let simmer. add spinach and let cook down. saute mushrooms in a pan coated with cooking spray. add cooked mushrooms to chicken. add a touch of lime juice.

Lemon Rice
4 servings. Use the package directions to cook the rice. Grate lemon rind and add to the rice cooker. Add juice of one lemon. Add 1 tablespoon Caldo de Pollo powder. When finished cooking add 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and mix.
150 calories per 3/4 cup cooked rice
total calories= 341

No comments:

Post a Comment