I am a foodie. I love different flavors, so when my husband arrived to the United States, I was excited to share with him all the flavors of California. He didn't like my food at first. I tried recipe after recipe for him, and night after night the response was mediocre at best. I soon tired of cooking food that went to waste because he didn't like it. I stopped cooking and I love to cook. But cooking is no fun when there isn't any enjoyment when it is eaten. After about 3 years of marriage, he began to experiment with food. He started trying different items and became willing to eat things he had never eaten. AND, he started to like food. Yay- and with that, I started to cook again. Now, he always asks me, "When did you learn to cook?" As if this is a new thing for me. My answer- "It isn't when did I learn to cook, it is when did you learn to eat?" This blog is a collection of recipes that I have created. I make new things all the time, but I don't write anything down and then I either forget that I made it, or I forget how to make it. I don't know if anyone is out there that will read this- but if you do, I hope you enjoy trying my recipes. Buen Provecho!

Friday, August 20, 2010

God is Good!

My new goal during this time of unemployment is to create meals for $10 or less. On occasion, I might set a budget of $15 (especially on Friday nights). So I will think about what I can make that my husband will like, that we haven't had, and/or that will be cheap. Every time I think about a dish to make, I get to the grocery store and the meat needed for the dish is on sale! Gotta love it. I made tacos the other night. Well for me, it was a taco salad, but surprisingly my husband liked the tacos.
When I make the ground beef for the taco meat I add tomato sauce (just a small 8 oz can), water and sometimes the frozen potatoes diced into small pieces (obrien hash browns). I let it reduce with the seasonings and it really makes it tasty! Adding a little chorizo makes it yummy too!
I don't usually buy the taco shells that are pre-made but the other day they were on sale and it was $1.25 at Vons for 12 and the corn tortillas (which are hard to find in a package less than 3 dozen) were more expensive. Hmm. they weren't bad either.
You may be asking what does this post have to do with God being good? Well, I think He gives me the ideas for the food to make and prompts me on which local market to shop at. But that's just my thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment